Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, March 16, 2012

Fantastic Friday

This week I had to face one of those events that quilters dread, discovering you do not have enough fabric to finish what you started. It is a serious dread for anyone who buys fabric and lets it age like fine wine, as you decide what the perfect project is for this particular precious purchase. I bought some lovely bright flannels with my oldest daughter in mind and her first baby. She is now due anyday with baby number two. The fabrics were girly and her first is a boy so I am not so much late as stuck with the problem of finding more fabric to match to finish this and finish it quickly since granddaughter number two will be here soon. I have looked and looked and when I find something sort of matching the quality is not the same. Sigh.....
This is what I have been working on. Bright and fun for a little girly one. So, what do you do when you find that you do not have fabric that you love to finish a project? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Do not forget my Spring give-away. These are Red Rooster fabrics and the colors are nice and bright, just like Spring. Scrappily, Susan

1 comment:

  1. What is the name/brand of the fabric that you are missing? I have sources. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting, I love hearing from you.