Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, June 12, 2012






Quilting is a social event even today. I get so much encouragement and inspiration from my quilting friends. We meet each Friday and have a wonderful time over fabric, food, fun and laughter and some service for others too. I hope if you do not have any sewing or quilting buddies that you look for some. You may find some new and life long friends along the way!
This pictured quilt was made by my friend Beverly for her daughter. The picture does not due it justice. It is just beautiful. It also gave me a new appreciation for purple fabrics. Purple is not one of my preferred colors and so I only use it for accents but not as the major color in a quilt. She used many different purples and added the green to make the purple pop! It was very effective.

So what is your least favorite color and are you using it anyway or refusing it?

Scrappily,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chatting, I love hearing from you.