Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, June 4, 2012

Away with the family



We have been away for some family time, leaving behind the fast pace of life. It seems like time stands still when we go here. We have no internet, phone other than spotty cell reception, no television except what we bring in dvd form. We get lots of time together, doing things together, or time to read or just sitting quietly and enjoying. I hope you will get some down time too.    I did take some quilty projects with me though. Somehow I can not stand to not have busy hands. So I was able to work on a new pattern that I made from a picture I took of an antique quilt. I made sample blocks and it is going to be a really cute quilt. I will share the pattern here when I get it all worked out. I also worked on some small, medium and a bit bigger hexes. They are the perfect take-along project. 
What are your favorite take-along projects? or do you leave it all behind when you have a chance to get away?

Scrappily,
     Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chatting, I love hearing from you.