Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Grow Your Blog 2015

     Welcome to the 2015 Grow Your Blog Party! I hope you are
excited to visit the wonderful blogs out there. It's time to make some
new friends and reconnect with others.
2 Bags Full
      I am so glad to be back to blogging again. Thank you to all who have been patient with my quiet blog. Last year was a difficult one with a young daughter being diagnosed with
cancer. She is doing well and we are looking forward to the day she is cancer free.

     On to more fun things. I have been quilting this year and its been fun. So I am going to ask y'all, what do you enjoy most about your craft, whatever it is? I would love to hear from many different types of crafters, quilters, painters, and more!

     I personally love to paint, sew, quilt, and garden. Not in that order. Life usually determines what I get to do. Painting is too messy with lots of little people around, gardening is fun with littles, (we just dug up the potatoes we planted last summer, it was like a treasure hunt!) , sewing is good, the granddaughters want dresses faster than I can make them, and quilting makes me calm. One day I will get some painting done. I have a little rocker that is crying out for some chalk paint.

     I have three patterns to give away so if you answer the above
question, I will include you in the drawing for one of the patterns. You don't have to be a follower to be one of the three winners but I would love it if you did. I will send them anywhere as well.

     A big thank you to 2 Bags Full for hosting this party again!
 Quilty Blessings to all,
                            Susan

19 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilting and other crafting. I love to cross stitch and sew and am new to quilting. So glad your daughter is doing well. Hope you have a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, I´m visiting via GYB hop. Pleased to meet you. I think us crafters never find time to do everything we want to do, we content ourselves with doing a bit of everything. I love embroidery first, then applique, blackwork, quilting, this apart from gardening and reading etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my craft is quilting and when I can sew or quilt it makes me a happy birthday. I will be thinking of you and your daughter. I also like reading and I spend way too much time on the computer looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i am a quilter from Ga. visiting from Vicki's blog and now following you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan!! I am following you via Bloglovin' and looking forward to your future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan! I'm visiting via GYB. I'm a quilter (because I'm addicted to making pretty designs with fabric, it keeps my hands busy and it calms me) and a scrapbooker (because I love the creative chronicle of my family's celebrations and travels). Nice to meet you and best wishes for your daughter's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! nice to meet you. I am a quilter, and very new to it, but I have been crafting as long as I can remember. I usually do it because, let's face it I'm vain and like it when people tell me I did a good job :P
    I also really love sitting to quilt and getting to use math or patterns to create something beautiful
    Thanks for the chance

    ReplyDelete
  8. You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    What I love most about my crafting is making people smile. I'm hoping to put a smile on every person's face that receives one of my cards.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan..visiting from GYB..I'm a blogger to. .I'm a hand sewer of everything for the last 50 years...but at the moment I am in love with quilting...to the point that my kids have said "No more quilts mom! We don't have anymore room!". So I make for charity now...but yes.. it is calming, rewarding and keeps my mind from wandering! Love to follow your talents....
    Cheri, the quilting nanny
    quiltingnanny(at)yahoo(dot)com
    www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, nice to meet you! I love to quilt, but also cross stitch, crochet and sew pretty much anything. What I love about any of these crafts is the process of creating, and playing with color. I love that it settles my mind and gives me a sense of satisfaction. I love that I can bring a little bit of beauty to the world. sarah@forrussia.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi susan. I love allsorts of crafts and art. I sew bags and soft sculptures and recently I learnt to embroider and crochet. I love colour so whether its fabric, wool, thread or beads I love to put colours together and make something with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back and hope your daughter continues to improve. I really enjoy quilting and I love to see how the colors go together. I also like giving them to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quilting is my love and passion. Hop on over to www.quiltingqueenonline and check it out. Prayers for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from St. John's, NL Canada via GYB. I enjoy creating one-of-a-kind art pieces with textiles & fibre.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Susan, visiting from NSW Australia via the GYB party. My favourite craft is quilting, and I love the initial stages - planning, choosing fabrics, cutting etc. Not real good at the finishing line though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to meet you - I love to quilt and garden too!!
    I'm visiting from England!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! To answer your question - I'm a crazy quilter and I love that my art form encompasses so many other things I have learned to do over the years, plus that I can use so many recycled things to create with. Thank you for having us over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello from NYC! My favorite craft is embroidery. I love being able to create something delicate and decorative from wool that came from a sheep that once looked up toward the sun and happily munched on some grass. :)
    - afistfuloflemons @ gmail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting, I love hearing from you.